Fitness Class FAQ/Policies
Make wellness a priority and get the answers you need to all of your questions in Taunton, MA. Anchor Barre Fitness & Wellness Studio wants every individual to be prepared for the class they choose.
What is barre class?
Barre classes use light weights and lots of repetitions to develop strong, lean, and toned muscles. Based on exercises that dancers use for strength and conditioning, barre classes originated when dancer and creator Lotte Berk developed a method to help rehabilitate and strengthen herself post-injury.
Is it safe to do while pregnant?
Yes, barre classes are an excellent way to stay in shape when you are expecting. They are low impact, and our instructors can offer a range of modifications to ensure that you remain comfortably challenged. As with any health program, we recommend that you check with your doctor and even bring a note from your doctor clearing you for activity.
What kind of music do you play?
We play a range of music, everything from pop and hip-hop to oldies and rock. Please note that we do like to "bump" the music, so feel free to bring earplugs if you find that you are especially sensitive to loud music. Also, we do often use uncensored versions of songs, so please bear in mind that while our intentions are always pure, we cannot guarantee that all of the lyrics we play are as squeaky clean.
How should I dress?
While there is no particular dress code, we would encourage wearing comfortable, athletic clothing such as leggings, tank tops, and sports bras. All classes are done barefoot. If you're not comfortable with bare feet, there are grippy barre socks available for sale in our barre boutique.
What should I bring?
A can-do attitude! You can bring water or purchase it at the studio for $1. You can also opt for our unlimited water for $10 per-month option. If you would like to bring your mat, you are welcome to do so, but mats are available for use at no charge in the studio. For heated and cardio classes, you may also want to bring a towel.
I've never taken a barre class before, should I take a "beginner" class?
Our classes are designed to be multi-level classes. We offer lots of modifications for beginners, so there is no need to take a specific "beginner" class. From time to time, we will offer Anchor Barre Basics classes. This class is designed to break down form, alignment, and movement. It is a great option for a beginner or a salty Anchor Barre pro to get the most out of each class.
I have previous injuries; is barre safe for me?
Barre is a great way to get back into exercising post-injury since it is low impact and instructors can offer a variety of modifications. Make sure to let your instructor know what is going on, and don't hesitate to ask for specific alterations for anything that just doesn’t feel right in your body. As always, check with your doctor before jumping back into an exercise program and LISTEN TO YOUR BODY!
Studio Policies – We Do Have Some Rules on This Ship
- Play Nice – We strive to create an environment free from judgment and full of love, acceptance, and empowerment. Please, share your space, share your toys, and if you have nothing nice to say, well bless your heart. If this is just too much for you, don't let the door hit ya where the Divine split ya! Namaste
- Please, no using your cell during class. Kindly turn your cell phones on silent before the start of class or better yet, put them away altogether, if possible. We know that there are times when you may be waiting on an urgent call or text, and it is necessary to keep your phone with you. When that call comes in, please step outside of the studio to take the call or respond to that text.
- Clients must be 15 years of age or older to attend our regular adult fitness classes. Clients under 18 require parent/guardian permission. Children are not allowed in the waiting area while parents are taking classes. We thank you for your understanding.
- The class must be paid in full before attending. No exceptions.
- We reserve the right to cancel classes with fewer than five participants. Every effort is made to notify those registered of cancellations. Checking the box to receive class notifications and schedule changes via both text and e-mail in your profile is one of the best ways to ensure you receive notification.
- Shoes are not allowed in our studio. Grip socks are available for purchase in our boutique.
- Please arrive on time. Class space will be given up to anyone on the wait-list at the start of the class.
- Bottled Water is available for purchase at the front desk for $1.
- If you are pregnant, a note from your doctor clearing you to exercise is required in order to take the class.
LATE CANCEL & NO SHOW POLICY
There is a 6-hour cancellation policy on all regularly scheduled classes, a 12-hour cancellation policy on private and semi-private appointments, and a 24-hour cancellation policy on workshops and special classes and events (unless otherwise stated). If you do not cancel a class or appointment within this time frame, you will lose the class or be charged in full for the event (Unlimited month, 3/6 month packages, S.O.S. Members, Student Unlimited and Elite Crew Members will be charged $10 for each late cancel or no show). As listed above, on the rare occasion that we would waive a late cancellation fee due to an emergency, injury, illness etc, documentation may be required and waiving the fee(s) will be at the owner's discretion. If you find that you become ill/injured and cannot attend class, we encourage you to log into our online scheduler and cancel upcoming classes that you have scheduled so that you are not charged for or do not lose those classes.
From time to time we will hold FREE classes for our clients. In the event that you do not show or late cancel you will be charged a $10 fee.
Contact us today to get answers to all of your questions.
We proudly serve clients in Taunton, Massachusetts, and surrounding communities.